HacDC is actively seeking members who can support the existence of a space in our region devoted to our goals in education, creative projects, and community service. Becoming a member, while not required to take advantage of HacDC services, provides:
- Around-the-clock key access to the HacDC Space
- The ability to reserve the HacDC space and church auditorium for mission-related events and classes
- Voting rights at official organizational meetings
- Access to the HacDC members-only mailing list
- Access to HacDC servers for projects
- An email adress @hacdc.org
- An account on HacDC’s shell and VPS server
Most importantly, however, supporting HacDC as a member enables one to help build an innovative community technology space and to contribute to the growing international movement of hackerspaces.
How to become a member
Check us out first. Visit HacDC events and classes, and swing by the space to meet other members and get a feel for the group. All of our activities are free and open to the public.* Once you have decided you would like to join:
- Subscribe for dues ($60/month) via PayPal or bring a check.
- Attend a monthly member meeting on the second Tuesday of the month at approximately 7:15PM, so your membership can be formalized.
* Although events are free, sometimes materials costs for workshops are the responsibility of workshop participants. Further, because of space limitations, some events are capped at a maximum number of participants. Events are published on our calendar.
Standard Membership $60/month
Student or Starving Hacker Membership $20/month
Student membership requires verification of student status to the Board of Directors. Starving Hacker memberships and temporary financial hardship dues waivers are approved on a case-by-case basis by the Board of Directors. In general ninety percent of HacDC members are regular members.