HacDC is located on the third floor of the St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church, 1525 Newton St. NW, at the intersection of 16th and Newton Streets, NW in the Mount Pleasant/Columbia Heights area of Washington, DC.
Visitors should enter the church through the westward facing doors, which are colored red.
Walking Directions from the Columbia Heights Metro Station
- Take metro to Columbia Heights Metro Station (Green/Yellow Line)
- Emerge from metro station and go north on 14th Street
- Turn left onto Newton Street heading westward
- HacDC is located at the corner of 16th Street NW and Newton Street NW
From I-95 in Maryland:
- Starting southbound on I-95
- Bear right on HWY 495 (the Beltway) heading west for 3.5 miles
- Take the HWY 29 exit south and go for 4.1 miles
- Turn right on MILITARY heading west for 0.5 miles
- Turn left on 16th Street heading south for 2.0 miles to 1525 Newton St NW
From I-270 in Maryland
- Starting southbound on I 270
- Bear left on I-495, (the Beltway) heading east for 3.8 miles
- Take the GEORGIA AVE exit (HWY 97) heading south for 0.6 miles
- Turn right on 16TH ST heading south for 5.1 miles
- Turn left on MERIDIAN PL NW heading east for 0.2 miles
- Turn right on 14TH ST NW heading south for 0.1 miles
- Turn right on NEWTON ST NW heading west for 0.2 miles to 1525 Newton St Nw
From the Brookland neighborhood (and points east):
- Go west/south on MICHIGAN AV NE
- Continue on COLUMBIA RD NW heading west for 0.8 miles
- Turn right on 14TH ST NW heading north for 0.3 miles
- Turn left on NEWTON ST NW heading west for 0.2 miles to 1525 Newton St Nw
From Capitol Hill in Washington, DC (and points southeast):
- Starting on Pennsylvania Ave, go north at any convenient point to Massachusetts Ave.
- Go left on Massachusetts Ave.
- Turn right onto 15th Street NW.
- When 15th Street merges into 16th Street, continue north for 4 blocks to Newton Street NW.
From Virginia, via I-395:
- Go north on 395.
- Take US-1 North toward downtown DC.
- Stay straight to go onto 14th Street NW.
- Go just under 3 miles and turn left onto Newton Street.