- Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
- Goethe-Institut / German Cultural Center
The Hirshhorn Museum & Scuplture garden, Goethe-Institut, and Prohelvetica present
A discussion with:
- Hans Bernhard, founding member of UBERMORGEN.COM
- Steven Kurtz, chair & professor of visual studies at SUNY Buffalo, founding member of Critical Art Ensemble
- Frank Rieger, spokesperson, Chaos Computer Club, Berlin
- Mark Tribe, NY-based artist, founder of Rhizome, assistant professor of modern culture and media studies at Brown University
The discussion will be about hacktivism in broad terms, including the enormous influence of the Internet and new media on global activism. The panel will also discuss activism as it relates to Michel de Certeau’s influential distinction between “strategies” and “tactics” and whether that distinction still holds any conceptual or practical value to hackers who are also activists.
RSVP VIA EMAIL TO RSVP@WASHINGTON.GOETHE.ORG
Meetup.com integration powered by Nuanced Media.